Here’s what you will need to prepare a delicious moist chocolate cake.
All purpose flour/Maida – 100grams
Cocoa powder – 30grams
Baking powder – 1 and 1/2 tablespoon
Baking soda – 1/4 teaspoon
salt – a pinch
Sugar – 90grams
Eggs – 5
Oil – 1cup
Milk – 1/4 cup
vanilla essence – 1/2 teaspoon
For the chocolate ganache:
- Pass all the dry ingredients (Flour, Cocoa powder, Baking Powder, Baking soda and Salt) through a sieve and mix them together.
- Whisk the eggs well and add sugar followed by Oil, Milk and vanilla essence and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients into the above wet ingredients in 3 batches and fold it in. Make a smooth homogenous mixture
- Smear a baking tray with Butter/Oil. You can optionally use a butter paper.
- Add the above mixture to the baking tray.
- Pre-heat the microwave. Place the tray and bake at 180 degree centigrade for 25 min and your cake is ready.
For chocolate ganache we will need Dark chocolate and Fresh Cream. The ratio will be 2 parts chocolate and 1 part fresh cream. We will need a double boiler, that is, a heat resistant bowl to melt the chocolate and an outer vessel to hold boiling water.
First, we will bring the water to boil. Place the heat resistant bowl and add dark chocolate pieces. Keep stirring until the chocolate melts.
Stop the heating process. Add fresh cream and continue stirring.
Let it cool. Spread on the cake evenly.
To Decorating the cake you will need whipped cream and icing sugar. Whip the cream until it is frothy. Add icing sugar in parts and continue whipping until a thick consistency is acquired. Decorate the cake as required. Enjoy your moist chocolate cake…